Monday, July 22, 2013

Heart


Sweet little Elle. I love her more than anything, and wish I could just trade spots with her. I hate having to worry about my baby.

We went to Children's and had an appointment with Elle's cardiologist. What was originally thought to be a small hole actually is now classified as moderate. Elle has VSD (ventricular septal defect)... a congenital heart defect. It has a chance of closing up on it's own, but a lot of cases surgery is necessary. We go back in about a month to see if there have been any changes. If not, they'll probably schedule open heart surgery for our baby when she's around 3-4 months. For now she's on medication for her lungs. The hole in her heart allows extra fluid to flow to her lungs, and makes it harder for her to breathe, so this helps make her more comfortable. 
Just praying our little love gets a miracle and is healed.

Here is our precious girl. She was in such a good mood and so content there. Made me so happy!



No comments: