Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Hope


One thing that I missed out on when having Parker was getting to go home with him, my baby. In the middle of his second night he was taken from our room to the NICU, and then transferred by ambulance a few hours later to Children's Hospital in Madera. I was released early that second morning so that we could go be with him.
As I was being wheeled out of the hospital, I felt so empty. My baby was not in my arms. He was over 2 hours away from me. I could feel the stares and sympathy from the nurses, and it was not comforting. You always see moms being wheeled out of the hospital carrying their babies, but I didn't get to experience this.

I know that I am lucky that I got to take Parker home a week later, and now I have a completely healthy 14 month old after a 7 day hospital stay and 1 surgery. But I still feel as if I missed out on something.
I know it seems simple, but all I want is for this sweet growing baby to be healthy and to get to come home with us from the hospital.
Please.

2 comments:

DeDe Weeks said...

Aaahh.....you will get to bring home a healthy baby in your arms just as it's supposed to be. It's amazing what we take for granted in life. Parker is so happy and healthy, he doesn't even seem like that little baby with the rough start in life.

The Days of the Weeks said...

It is the simple things in life that keep us going. That baby has a lot of praying going on for them and we all have seen what that can accomplish.

I love you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers.