Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a fabulous Mother's Day. My amazing husband let me sleep in uninterrupted Saturday night (first time in oh, about 9 months!). I was awoken by little pitter patters running in to bring me a chocolate donut and a card... couldn't be anyone but Parker :)We headed down to Santa Barbara to go to lunch with the whole gang at Enterprise Fish Co. I had the best Blood Orange Margarita (okay, I had 2). We hung out and ate and had my mom open her presents. I know that this is by far the hardest Mother's Day for her since she doesn't get to celebrate with her mom anymore, but we tried to make it as special as we could. I wasn't even looking for a card, but I stumbled across the sweetest card that had a mommy giraffe kissing a baby giraffe. It was just so right. Like Nana is looking down on all of us giving us a kiss. We got my mom a necklace with a "d" on it, and a pearl to represent Nana. Nana was so classy, and I remember on my wedding day she came in and asked me which necklace she should wear. I told her the pearls, and she said "that's what I was thinking, pearls are my favorite". And she wore them beautifully.


All of us somehow forgot our cameras, but we took these on my phone. Love these people <3

Grams and her grandbabies (if you click on it, you can actually see Parks)

My babies :)

5 comments:

The Days of the Weeks said...

The whole gang....minus one. I am glad you had a good time! I missed you all so much! I hope I get to share mommy's day with you soon!

DeDe Weeks said...

I meant to mention how much I LOVE my Mother's Day card with the giraffes. It was so perfect. I didn't know Nana asked you about her necklaces for the wedding but that makes sense since you spent the night before your wedding with them. How special!!! I hope I showed my appreciation to everyone on Mother's Day. I felt like I was just trying to make it through the day. I am so glad I had kids and grandbabies with me. XO

The Loughran's said...

I know Jen, we missed you so much!! I'm so glad we get to be with you around your bday :)

I could tell your appreciation through your tears, mom. I love you!

Jen said...

Sounds like a special day, I'm glad you guys all got to be together! Nana looks like a classy lady. What a special card....perfect!!

The Loughran's said...

Jen, Nana was from Kansas... maybe that's why :)